These types of evaporators are recommended for the
concentration of high viscosities solutions/slurries which have a tendency
to crystallize or produce scales.
The circulating product is heated when it flows through the heat exchanger
and then partially evaporated when the pressure is reduced in separator. The
liquid product is typically heated only a few degrees for each pass through
the heat exchanger. This type of evaporator is also used in crystallization
applications because no evaporation and therefore no concentration increase,
takes place in the heat transfer surface. Evaporation occurs as the liquid
is flashed evaporated in flash vessel/separator.
- Ideal for high crystallizing and high viscosity solutions &
- Single or multiple effect evaporation
- High operational flexibilities, heat transfer co-efficient, vapours
- Low temperature rise operation.
- Minimized fouling due to high velocities & static head.
- High turn down ration.